Monday, July 9, 2012

Super Fluffy Bisquick Pancakes. Doctored-Up.

I have to say, I make darn good blueberry pancakes. As a weekly ritual, Sundays are for super fluffy blueberry pancakes, REAL maple syrup, and lemonade. But OK, lets be real. I cheat a little. I use Bisquick. Now, I know a lot of people think Bisquick pancakes are at the bottom of the barrel taste-wise, BUT, this is why I doctor them up. Oh yea, throw in some cinnamon, baking powder, vanilla extract, and humongous fresh blueberries, and you've got magic on a plate. Seriously, if I could physically eat 18 of these babies by myself, I absolutely would, no joke. If you're not a blueberry fan, use your imagination! Throw in chocolate chips (which I highly recommend), strawberries, orange zest, or just make em' plain. Give these easy, doctored up pancakes a shot and you won't even think to miss "from scratch."




About 3 cups of Bisquick
A couple shakes of cinnamon
2 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/4 cups of milk (maybe a little more if you are using more Bisquick)
1 egg
a couple shots of vanilla extract

Mix the dry ingredients in a big bowl. Mix the wet ingredients in a measuring cup. Pour the wet into the dry and stir until just combined. NOW HERE'S THE KEY! THE MAGIC! LET YOUR MIXTURE SIT FOR A GOOD TEN MINUTES!!!! This lets the baking powder take effect and before your eyes the batter will literally double in quantity (its the baking powder air bubbles, they're super heroes). Use a ladle and scoop out your fluffy batter onto a nonstick skillet. More magic! This makes around 14 pancakes, depending on how big you make them. BAM! Deliciousness.

PS. I know, this recipe is pretty vague. But I don't measure much. No bigs. Just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment