Thursday, July 26, 2012

Crazy Weather and a Peach Cobbler Smoothie

    According to just about every weather station on the planet (I may be exaggerating a teeny bit), my neck-of-the-woods is supposed to experience major thunderstorms, flash floods, large hail, and possibly tornadoes. Oh. OK. While waiting for every extreme force of nature to be unleashed, I'm sitting here sipping cinnamon water. I DESPISE drinking regular water, but I get dehydrated really easily, so after some experiments, I've fallen in love with Mint-Cucumber-Lemon Water, and simple Cinnamon Water (toss a couple cinnamon sticks in a pitcher full of water). Both waters are really refreshing and tasty and definitely NOT boring.
   I also made another amazing green smoothie. I actually probably looked a little crazy sitting at the table with my nose in the glass, inhaling the scrumptious, sweet, almost dessert-y scent, but I couldn't help it....it smelled THAT good. Drink this one up. It's absolutely delish.

Peach Cobbler Green Smoothie

A couple good handfuls of spinach
1/4 C. fat free vanilla yogurt
1/3 C. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 of a frozen banana
1 peach, cubed and frozen
a good shake of cinnamon
some nutmeg
2 Tbl. quick cooking oats

Blend this beauty up and BAM! Smell up and drink up the deliciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment