Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Green Smoothies and John Wayne

    Have you seen the movie, "Did You Heard About the Morgans?" If you have, you'll know what I'm talking about. If you haven't, I think you should give it a go. It's goofy, its corny, it got terrible ratings on Rotten Tomatoes....but I like it gosh darnit!
    Anyhooo....you know that part where Paul and Meryl arrive at the safe-house and Sam Elliott and Mary Steenburgen break the news that, no, there is no cable TV, but they DO have every John Wayne and Clint Eastwood movie ever made? Well. I'm THAT girl. No, I'm not the Meryl-type who packs an evening dress and tons of underwear for a weekend away.
    I AM IN POSSESSION OF, AND HAVE WATCHED, JUST ABOUT EVERY SINGLE JOHN WAYNE AND CLINT EASTWOOD MOVIE KNOWN TO MAN.


There. I said it. Do you see me in a different light now? I reckon so.

                       (only old school Clint fans will see what I did there...)
   
    I'm not ashamed by this fact. Really. Even though I could easily rattle off a line or two from practically any of their movies and think that living in a dusty ol' town with horses always saddled and ready as your only means of transportation would be the best thing ever, I like this about myself.
    But....maybe I'm alone here. Anybody? Hmmmmm......

    Well, I highly doubt that the Duke drank green smoothies. And if he did, he would probably try to cram corn dodgers and Tequila in the blender along with the spinach. I think I'll give that one a pass.
    The following smoothie however, is quite tasty, despite the fact that it is corn dodger and tequila-less.

Pumpkin Green Smoothie

1/4 C. pureed pumpkin
2 big handfuls of spinach
1/3 C. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/4 C. fat free vanilla yogurt
1/2 of a frozen banana
1 1/2 Tbl. maple pumpkin butter
a good shake of cinnamon
a chunk of fresh ginger
a couple Tbl. of water

Whip it all up and BAM! Drink up and watch a Western.


No comments:

Post a Comment