Saturday, July 7, 2012

Cucumber Smoothies and Weird Looks

So today I was at my barn, working and riding for 5 hours in 95 degree heat with 70% humidity, all the while thinking about going home and making a smoothie. Which, finally, about 5 minutes ago, I accomplished. And let me tell you, it's goooood. As I was sitting here, typing away and drinking up all that delicious healthyness, my brother shot me a quizzical, borderline disgusted look and said, "are you actually enjoying that?" Um, YES! Clearly he doesn't understand that healthy things can be downright tasty, even if they look considerably less than appetizing. Actually, I think the soft purple color of this smoothie is kinda pretty compared to the brownish, greenish, yellowish color of the one I made the other day.... Anyhooo, give this super healthy, super scrumptious smoothie a try and hopefully people won't look at you funny.

Strawberry Kiwi Cucumber Smoothie

3/4 C. strawberries
1 kiwi
1 small cucumber, seeds removed
1/4 C. fat free vanilla yogurt
1/4 C. unsweetened almond milk
Fresh oregano leaves (sounds weird, but its adds a really nice, fresh flavor)

Throw it all in a blender and whip it up until it's all nice and smooth... and BAM! Hello lunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment